Michael J. Beatrice is a graduate of Fordham University School of Law and has practiced law since 1977. He possesses over 30 years of experience in criminal law, civil law, personal injury law and wills and estates. As a former prosecutor and DWI defense attorney who has represented defendants in every county in New Jersey, his unique perspective aids him in developing effective legal defense strategies that have resulted in many hundreds of dismissals and not-guilty verdicts. Throughout his career, Mr. Beatrice’s primary focus always has been on serving his clients’ needs and best interests regardless of the impact it has on him.
“My primary focus is on what my client needs or wants and what’s good for my client. I will do what I have to do to win for my client, without regard for the impact it has on me.” —Michael J. Beatrice
From 1977 to 1982, Mr. Beatrice served in the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office where he prosecuted all types of cases, from homicide to DWI. From 1982 to 1983, he served as Special Prosecutor for the Borough of Fort Lee, and from 1988 to 2004, he was the Municipal Prosecutor for the Township of Mahwah. Since 1982, he has maintained a private law practice in both Hackensack and Mahwah.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, New York, NY.
- A.B., College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA.
- Admitted to practice before the U. S. Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of State of New Jersey, and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Trained in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, NHTSA.
- Training in Alcotest Breath Testing Device, National Draeger, Inc.
- Certified police instructor for in-service training courses at the Bergen County Police Academy.
- Co-author, Arson Investigation and Prosecution Manual.
Member of the American Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, Bergen County Bar Association, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, New Jersey Association of Justice and the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers–New Jersey
Born and raised in Lodi, New Jersey, Mr. Beatrice has been a longtime resident of Mahwah, where he and his wife raised two children. He founded the Mahwah Education Foundation in 1988 and served as its Chairman for 11 years. Mr. Beatrice served on the Board of Advisors at St. Joseph Regional High School, and was a Trustee on the Mahwah Board of Education. From 2001 to 2013, he was the lawyer coach for the County Champion Mahwah High School mock trial team.
Whether you need an experienced DWI defense attorney or are considering civil litigation, Michael J. Beatrice can help. Contact him to schedule a consultation today.